Mindfulness Meditation Group
Date and Time
About the Event
Mindfulness Meditation & Christian Prayer: Journeying together
Mark Papke-Larson’s calling as a Lutheran pastor was as an acute care healthcare and hospice chaplain. He took his first course in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) in 2009. Over the years, he has taken several MBSR courses, attended some meditation retreats and meets regularly with a weekly meditation group. Mark is not a trained meditation teacher but will share with you how mindfulness meditations and Christian prayer have become interwoven in his life to strengthen his faith journey. You will be invited to try some basic meditation techniques and reflect on these experiences in the context of our Christian faith through group discussion and personal practice.
Session 1 (August 25th at 6 PM MST)
● Discussion: The basics of mindfulness meditation
● Meditation: Raisin awareness (Bring a raisin!)
Session 2 (September 8th at 6 PM MST)
● Meditation: Body Scan - God created the heavens and the earth
● Meditation: Breathing - God’s breath of life
Session 3 (September 22nd at 6 PM MST)
● Discussion: Christian faith, prayer and meditation
● Meditation/Prayer: Loving Kindness
Session 4 (October 6th at 6 PM MST)
● Meditation/Prayer: Open awareness
● Discussion: Resources, questions and plans
A Zoom Invite will be sent to all who RSVP prior to the first session.
Want more information? Email Allie at email@example.com.